As a community station representing the wealth of talent we have in our valley, we want to assist artists, based here or touring through, in making aspects of their work easier.
As a primarily volunteer operated station we have limited resources, but can offer:
- Hilltop Pub is the right place if you are looking for your traditional pub experience. No PA system, but has a low ceiling and a warm sound with a small dance floor. Good for 10-80 people. Ask for Tom. https://www.facebook.com/Hilltop-Pub-189697894392179/
- Old Church is a refurbished small church in downtown smithers with a capacity of 80 and a simple PA system and light system. https://bvmuseum.com/about/oldchurch
- Glenwood Hall is a beautiful, rural located (10min from town on dirt road) hall with approx. 150 person capacity. No sound system. http://glenwoodhall.ca/
- Boston Pizza has a sound system and a ton of TVs that stay on. https://www.facebook.com/bostonpizzasmithers/
- Studio16 does a house concert series. Talk to Mike Sawyer. http://studio16.design/
- add your event to our Comm. Events listing and our djs will read it out on-air
- on-air interview and/or live set (in our 100 yr old train car lounge studio) - just contact us via this site
- looking for audio equipment? There are several options:
Small setup (battery powered pa unit) Richard Jenne 250-847-9728
Or the following from the Bulkley Valley Folk Music Society
BVFMS Sound Rental Rates
3-Way System for large venues includes the following:
Soundcraft 24 channel 200B Console or Allen & Heath 16 channel Mixwizard.
Front of House Rack with dbx 31 band stereo eq, dbx stereo limiter/compressor, Rane 3-way x-over, Tascam cd player, Tascam cassette player.
Monitor Rack with 2-31 band Yamaha stereo eqs, dbx stereo limiter/compressor, QSC 500 watts per side power amp, BGW 250 watts per side power amp.
Front of House power is 2- QSC 500 watts per side stereo amps. One of these racks for each side. Total 2000 watts for Front of House.
Speakers for FOH are 2- 15 inch EV bass per side with a 12” mid and 2” horn.
Monitor speakers, 4- EV 1201's 1-1502
System comes with 4-Shure 57's, 6- 58's, 3- PG81 condensers, 5 DI's, and clip on drum mic set and associated mic stands. 24 channel splitter snake, 24 ch snake, 8 channel return snake and 8 channel sub-snake.
Price for 3 way system for a not for profit one day event = $350.00
Price for 3 way system for a for profit event = $500
Mid-size venue system as follows
Allen & Heath 16 ch Mixwizard, with Monitor rack and 1502 kickass speakers, monitors as required, snakes, mics, DI's etc.
Price for midsize system is $80 / day non profit event, $120 / day for profit event.
Add Yorkville 15 inch powered sub(720 watts, 1500 watts peak)for $25/day not for profit, $40/day for profit event.
Light system is available. 4 Par cans per side with light board and stands. $50/day not for profit event, $75/ day for profit event.
Coffeehouse System has powered 16 channel Yorkville console, 10 channel snake, 5 vocal mics, 2 inst mics. 3 di's and 1201 FOH and monitor speakers. $50/day for not for profit event,$75/day for profit event.
The individual components for these systems are available for rent,( Call for prices) but preference will be given for rentals that are for complete systems in the event of conflicting rentals. 3-way system rentals require a qualified operator and the midsize venue option requires some signal path wiring at the venue. Arrangements for pick-up and return are to be made at time of booking.
3-way, midsize venue systems,lights and the powered sub are available by calling George Stokes @ 250-847-9077 and the Coffeehouse system is booked through Allen Banner @ 250-847-4363. For a list of qualified operators call George for more info.